The Estate

Dana Estates is the third winery to occupy this piece of vineyard land in the heart of the famed Rutherford Bench. First farmed and developed by German viticulturalist H. W. Helms in 1883, it was purchased in 1976 by John and Diane Livingston and served as the home for Livingston Moffett winery until proprietor Hi Sang Lee bought the property in 2005. The winery was re-designed by renowned architect Howard Backen, keeping the original stone walls as its centerpiece.  Hi Sang and Howard worked carefully with winemakers Philippe Melka and Cameron Vawter to insure that the space and facilities would enable the production of consistently world class wines.